We need an opening line in a business letter or professional email / to make reference to previous correspondence / to say how we found the recipient’s name andaddress / to say why we are writing to the recipient.
- With reference to your letter of 8 June, I … .
- I am writing to enquire about … .
- After having seen your advertisement in … , I would like … .
- After having received your address from … , I … .
- I received your address from … and would like … .
- We/I recently wrote to you about … .
- Thank you for your letter of 8 May.
- Thank you for your letter regarding … .
- Thank you for your letter/e-mail about … .
- In reply to your letter of 8 May, … .
We need a closing line in a business letter or email / to make a reference to a future event / to repeat an apology / to offer help
- If you require any further information, feel free to contact me.
- I look forward to your reply.
- I look forward to hearing from you.
- I look forward to seeing you.
- Please advise as necessary.
- We look forward to a successful working relationship in the future.
- Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.
- Once again, I apologize for any inconvenience.
- We hope that we may continue to rely on your valued custom.
- I would appreciate your immediate attention to this matter.